The WSL Big Wave Surfing Tour is home to some of the craziest athletes on the planet. It takes a special type of human to voluntarily suit up to ride 80-foot waves that are moving so fast you can barely fight back the wind and stay standing on your board. Kai Lenny, Billy Kemper, Greg Long, these are some of the best surfers on the planet but they’re also some of the most certifiably crazy athletes alive.
Even though the WSL Big Wave Tour isn’t over, the nominees for the 2017/2018 Big Wave Awards are out. Below, I’ve included the nominees for ‘Wipeout of the Year’.
1) Billy Kemper’s wipeout at the Pea’hi Challenge
2) João De Macedo wipeout at Jaws
3) Lucas Chianca wipeout at Nazaré
4) Rodrigo Koxa wipeout at Nazaré…
5) Andrew Cotton wipeout at Nazaré
6) Lucas Silveira wipeout at Puerto Escondido (Mexican Pipeline)
7) Angelo Lozano wipeout at Puerto Escondido
8) Kalani Lattanzi wipeout at Puerto Escondido
9) Coco Nogales wipeout at Puerto Escondido…
To check out the latest WSL Big Wave Tour standings you can CLICK HERE to see where all the surfers are ranked.