Last year, Tim Tebow made waves after the former Florida Gator star set out on a quest to become the next professional multi-sport athlete when he announced he’d be pursuing a career in baseball after signing a minor league contract with the New York Mets.
Tebow’s first season also featured a few notable moments:
- Mets’ Tim Tebow Homers In First Instructional League At-Bat [Video]
- Tim Tebow Miraculously Healed Man Having A Seizure At Minor League Baseball Game [Video]
- Tim Tebow Gets His First Hit In Arizona Fall League [Video]
- Watch Tim Tebow Strike Out Looking, And Then Gets Hit By A Pitch In His Mets Debut [Video]
- Max Scherzer Strikes Out Tim Tebow on Three Fastballs [Video]
On Friday, the Mets revealed the list of players they’ll be inviting to join them in Port St. Lucie for spring training, and Tebow was one of the nine players to make the cut.
We’ve invited nine players to major league #SpringTraining including: Peter Alonso, P.J. Conlon, Kevin Kaczmarski, Patrick Mazeika, Drew Smith, Corey Taylor, Tim Tebow, David Thompson and Adonis Uceta. #Mets
— New York Mets (@Mets) January 19, 2018
Based on the enthusiastic reception Tebow received at virtually every stadium he visited during his inaugural season, there’s a chance the Mets only extended the invite in an attempt to make their fans give a shit about spring training.