I know it only preseason, but football is back people! Hope you all had a good weekend, here are todays top stories from around the globe…
- Bucs fan gives Tampa GM Jason Licht one of his purple hearts.
- Atlanta rookie defensive lineman Ra’Shede Hageman threw a punch during drills at practice and broke his wrist. [ESPN]
- Cam Newton and Peter King bury the hatchet dating back to the “entertainer and icon” moment over three years ago.
- Bon Jovi is trying really hard to win over Buffalo Bills fans. [Buffalo News]
- In-depth look at the Red Sox deadline deals, and how they happened. [Globe]
- The Samsung Galaxy Mega stopped a bullet, allegedly.
- “ESPN recruits the worst acts in sports. Disgraced college coaches, infamously lawless ex-players and the sexually indiscreet — those unsure of exactly how many children they’ve fathered, and where — are more than welcomed as the multiple networks’ on-air talent.” [NY Post]
HAPPY BIRTHDAY: Barack Obama (53), Cole & Dylan Sprouse (22), Jeff Gordon (43), Jessica Mauboy (25), Jessica Sanchez (19), Billy Bob Thornton (59), Abigail Spencer (33), Kurt Busch (36), Meghan Markle (33), Roger Clemons (52), John Riggins (65)
*Extremely powerful ESPN Outside the Lines piece on Jim Kelly.
*Sergio Garcia’s Shot Knocks a Spectator’s Diamond from Her Ring at Bridgestone