I hope you all had a great fantasy Sunday as it seems the games are starting to ramp into high gear. As we start to get into the 2nd half of the year it is time to start noticing “trends.” When I say “trends” I’m speaking to how productive your players are becoming. For instance, if you have Keenan Allen, it is easy to see that he isn’t a huge part of the offense right now. So don’t be afraid to sit Keenan and take a chance on a guy like Andre Holmes or Davante Adams who seem to be involved weekly. Fantasy Football is a weekly game that demands you to be savvy at all times. Welp that is my nugget of advice for this week now onto week 7 action…..
JETS vs PATRIOTS
- The Jets are just a sad bunch right now and I don’t even think they are looking forward to this game against a red hot Brady. My BOOM player for this game is Tom Brady. The Jets have no cb’s and thats not good when facing a Brady that has found weapons everywhere lately.
- My BUST player for this game is Chris Johnson. Hopefully you aren’t actually in need to play him because he is not a part of the Jets offense right now, nor does he look to still be a good player.
FALCONS vs RAVENS
- The Falcons need a win in the worst way but that atrocious defense does them no favors. My BOOM players in this game is Steve Smith Sr. “Smitty” has been reborn in this Kubiak offense and now he gets to face a Falcons secondary that is one of the league’s worst.
- My BUST player for this game is Steven Jackson. This guy is clearly over the hill and they now play 4 RB’s.
VIKINGS vs BILLS
- The BIlls want to win now and the Vikings are in complete rebuild mode. My BOOM player for this game is Fred Jackson. He should be able to get rolling against a porous Vikings run defense.
- My BUST player for this game is Matt Asiata. The Vikings won’t find anywhere to run against the Bills front four and Asiata isn’t the most dynamic guy (C-Patt will disappoint too).
DOLPHINS vs BEARS
- The Bears have yet to win a game at home this year so this should be fun. My BOOM player for this game is Brandon Marshall. I’m sure he wants to stick it to his former team just because and the Dolphins have nobody that can cover him.
- My BUST player for this game is Mike Wallace. I think Mike accumulates decent yardage but doesn’t get into the endzone. Many people will be starting him so hope for the best.
SAINTS vs LIONS
- Both of these teams will be missing it’s biggest offensive weapons so it will be interesting to see the adjustments. My BOOM player for this week is Joique Bell/Reggie Bush. I think the Lions backfield will be relied upon heavily and I think they do good work against a generous Saints run defense.
- My BUST player for this game is Drew Brees. I’m not saying Brees will be horrible, I’m just saying without Graham combined with playing away from home against the league’s top ranked defense don’t expect his usual greatness.
PANTHERS vs PACKERS
- This might be one of the most exciting games of the weekend as both qb’s are on fire right now. My BOOM player for this game is Aaron Rodgers. The Carolina defense has taken a major step back this year and that isn’t good playing against Aaron Rodgers who is flat out in a zone.
- My BUST player for this game is Jonathan Stewart. He seems to be getting the starting nod for this game but don’t expect much from him running behind that below average O-Line. Plus Cam is getting his legs back.
BENGALS vs COLTS
- The Colts are on a tear offensively and the Bengals defense can’t seem to stop anyone which isn’t good going to Indy facing Andrew Luck. My BOOM player for this game is Andrew Luck. Luck is playing some of the best football f his young carrer and the Bengals defense just gave up 37 points to the Panthers. The Panthers don’t have nearly as many weapons as the Colts.
- My BUST player for this game is Mohammed Sanu. Sanu has been filling in admirably for AJ Green but he will have a tough outing going up against Vontae Davis. The Colts are top 10 versus the pass this season.
BROWNS vs JAGUARS
- One of the worst games of the week….*barf* My BOOM player for this game is Ben Tate. He will have a field day against the Jags defense.
- MY BUST player for ths game is Toby Gerhart. They look to be getting Storm Johnson involved more and Toby isn’t playeing well anyway.
SEAHAWKS vs RAMS
- This is probably the worst possible Sunday for the Rams to meet the Hawks who are fresh off a excruciating loss at home to Dallas. My BOOM player for this game is Marshawn Lynch/Russell Wilson. These two in tandem will wreak havok on a very leaky Rams defense. Both of these guys played well below their elite levels last week and the Rams are the perfect opponent to get back on track. The Rams have 1 sack on the year and can’t defend the pass.
- My BUST player for this game is Zac Stacy. He is now in a full blown RBBC and facing a Seahawks defense that doesn’t give up big yardage (except to Dallas).
TITANS vs WASHINGTON
- Both of these teams are searching for a win so I expect this to be a fairly decent game. My BOOM player for this game is Jordan Reed. He was highly targeted last week (11 targets 8rec/92 yds). He will be going up against a Titans defense that struggles against tight ends.
- My BOOM player for this game is Bishop Sankey. I know he is getting more carries but he will be rather quiet against the Redskins defense that plays the run well.
CHIEFS vs CHARGERS
- Andy Reid is always great after bye weeks so this rivalry game will be a good test for both teams. My BOOM player for this game is Phillip Rivers. Rivers is in rare form and I think the Chiefs will have a tough time defending Rivers and his assortment of weapons.
- My BUST player for this game is Dwayne Bowe. Bowe doesn’t even look like hecares anymore. He is not even a big part of the offense at this point.
GIANTS vs COWBOYS
- Dallas could e set up for a trap game as most people have heaped plenty praise on them this week. Eli hasn’t loss a game in Jerry’s new stadium so there’s that. My BOOM player for this game is Demarco Murray. Murray will have similar success to what Shady did last week. The gashing on the ground is ineveitable for the Giants. Dallas’s ground game is too dominant.
- My BUST player for this game is Andre Williams. Andre got exposed a bit last week as a guy who lacks the ability to make defenders miss. Dallas isn’t as bad on defense as people want to believe and the Giants offense susceptible to 3 and outs. Andre’s skill set limits himself and that offense.
CARDINALS vs RAIDERS
- The Cards are one of the surprise teams in the NFL this season but I wonder if they can keep it up. My BOOM player for this game is Michael Floyd. Palmer being back in the lineup is huge for a guy who is blossoming right before our eyes.
- My BUST player for this game is Darren McFadden. The Cards play the run well and McFadden isn’t as explosive as he once was in this league. He could be decent but don’t expect much.
49ERS vs BRONCOS
- This game wil surely be a more true test to how good the 49ers really are as they aren’t playing Austin Davis this week. My BOOM player for this game is Peyton Manning. Peyton can’t really be stopped but he can be slowed down by a good pass rush. However, the 49ers lack in that department, plus they are decimated by injuries to key players defensively.
- My BUST player for this game is Michael Crabtree. Crabtree isn’t the only show in town anymore as they are featuring 3 legit wr’s plus Vernon Davis. His opportunities these days are slim. He simply doesn’t get enough volume to be productive consistently.
TEXANS vs STEELERS
- I’m not sure who needs this win more but the pressure surely seems to be all on the Steelers. My BOOM player for this game is Arian Foster. The Steelers had trouble with the Browns ground game last week…. Well now they get Arian Foster who is one of the league’s top 3 rushers.
- My BUST player for this game is Andre Johnson. Andre has ben inconsistent this season and while he migh accumulate some yardage I wouldn’t expect a big day.
Thank you all for reading and goodluck to you in week 7!