Welp, I guess it’s a good thing that Peyton Manning decided to spit out that dud before the playoffs started. The downside is probably many fantasy owners were banking on him Sunday and possibly got them eliminated. That is the harsh reality to the game is that even the biggest stars can let you down. Then there’s Jonas Gray, the unknown running back that the Patriots used to single handedly steamroll the Colts to the tune of 200yrd and 4tds (I’m sure everyone could have used that). However, not many people were starting him and that is a perfect illustration to the unpredictablity of fantasy football. Week 12 shall we………
CHIEFS vs RAIDERS
- The only people watching this game will be Chiefs and Raiders fans (plus the crazed fantasy owners who have players playing). My BOOM player for this game is Jamaal Charles. I say if the Seahawks couldn’t stop him then how much faith can the Raiders defense really have?
- My BUST player in this game is James Jones. Jones is not really a #1wr and his numbers support that in this anemic Raiders pass game.
BROWNS vs FALCONS
- The Falcons are actually in the playoff hunt so high intensity is expected, as well as the much anticipated return of All-Pro wideout Josh Gordon. My BOOM player for this game is Matt Ryan. Ryan will be rejuvenated at home playing for their playoff lives, plus he tends to play well in the Georgia Dome.
- My BUST player for this game is Steven Jackson. The run game is in the dumps for the Falcons as they are one of the most pass heavy teams in the league.
JETS vs BILLS
- This game should be the snow bowl as the Buffalo area has gotten 7ft of snow! My BOOM player for this game is Fred Jackson. The run game will be pivotal in a game like this with adverse weather conditions which suits such a tough runner like F-Jax.
- My BUST player for this game will Mike Vick. Vick might actually get loose a bit in this snow with his running ability but neither qb will have big passing stats. Typically snow games amount to huge fantsy number for people that can run based on prior years.
BUCS vs BEARS
- A revenge game of some sorts for coach Lovie Smith and qb Josh McCown of the Bucs. My BOOM player for this game is Jay Cutler. Cutler got on track last week and seem to have a connection with his receivers and I think that continues against a team that has one of the worst pass defenses in the league.
- My BUST player for this game is Bucs run game. Until someone takes that role by the horns it will forever be a bust play.
BENGALS vs TEXANS
- Both teams need a win to continue their playoff hopes but each team needs good QB play. My BOOM player for this game is Arian Foster. He is “matchup-proof” and needs to be in your lineup if he plays as expected.
- My BUST player for this game is Giovanni Bernard. Gio won’t be bad but keep in mind that he isn’t neccesarily the bellcow for the Bengals anymore with the emergence of Jeremy Hill. His touches will be reduced which lowers his value.
JAGUARS vs COLTS
- The Colts coming off a terrible home loss will e looking forward to this cushy matchup. My BOOM player for this game is TY Hilton (and Andrew Luck of course). Hilton won’t be looking at Revis when he lines up this week against a Jags secondary that gives up fantasy points to receivers in bunches.
- My BUST player for this game is Blake Bortles. As a rookie playing against a seasoned Colts defense that is upset won’t be a good recipe come Sunday.
PACKERS vs VIKINGS
- The Packers have been scoring points like a college basketball team lately and this Sunday may be no different. My BOOM player for this game is Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers and this offense simply cannot be stopped but also look for Eddie Lacy to keep it rolling against this Vikings team. They had no answer for him last time as he went for over 100yds and 2 scores.
- My BUST player for this game is Teddy Bridgewater. Teddy still has some growing to do and the talented Packers secondary will make it tough for him all day.
LIONS vs PATRIOTS
- The Lions having Matt Stafford are 0-15 in away games against opponents with winning records and here comes the Patriots. My BOOM player in the game is Tom Brady. Brady gets even better as the weather gets colder and although the Lions are have stout defense Brady will find the weakness (courtesy of Bill Belicick).
- My BUST player for this game is Matt Stafford. Belichick made it tough on Andrew Luck in his own house so surely he will force Stafford to somewhat play left handed (figuratively speaking) at Foxborough.
TITANS vs EAGLES
- The Eagles should be furious after that flat performance in Green Bay so I actually feel sorry for the Titans coming into Philly. My BOOM player for this game is LeSean McCoy. I have no reason to believe he will great this Sunday other than the fact he is due. Media has been questioning his skills and it seems they want to lean on him more with that O-Line at it’s healthiest. Plus the Titans can’t stop the run.
- My BUST player in this game is Bishop Sankey. The Titans can’t consistently move the ball and the Eagles do well at stopping the run so Sankey’s day will be held in check.
RAMS vs CHARGERS
- The Rams seem to be having a late year surge and the Chargers seem to be regressing. My BOOM player for this game is Tre Mason. The tough run defenses haven’t slowed him down much and he looks to keep gaining steam on the lead back job.
- My BUST player for this game is Keenan Allen. Allen is highly tagerted but his routes are fairly conservative and safe which basically makes him a possession receiver. That isn’t the type of receiver fantasy owners want to use every week.
CARDINALS vs SEAHAWKS
- This will be a low scoring battle in the Pacific Northwest this weekend. My BOOM player for this game is Russell Wilson. Russ’s constant threat as a runner makes him lethal regardless of the matchup, especially considering the Cards have an elite pass defense.
- My BUST player for this game will be Larry Fitzgerald. Fitz has been pretty productive the last few weeks but with a MCL Sprain and playing against the Seahawks secondary I expect his day to be quiet.
DOLPHINS vs BRONCOS
- The Broncos are walking wounded right now which is a perfect time for the Dolphins to see them. My BOOM player for this game is Peyton Manning. Manning will be relied upon to pull out this victory as I expect the run game to sputter versus the Dolphins defensive front.
- My BUST player for this game is Lamar Miller. Tre Mason ran well against the Broncos tough run defense last week, but I don’t expect the same from Miller in Denver.
WASHINGTON vs 49ERS
- The Redskins are heading nowhere fast with all the internal turmoil and Frisco loves to feast on bad teams. My BOOM player for this game is Colin Kaepernick. I think Kaepernick should have a fairly easy time finding open receiver against this weak Redskins pass defense.
- My BUST player for this game is Alfred Morris. Morris won’t find too many open lanes against this tough San Fran defense that seems to be gelling over the past few weeks.
COWBOYS vs GIANTS
- This divisional matchup is always great theater and it will be no different come Sunday night. My BOOM player for this game is DeMarco Murray. Murray said he has fresh legs and ready to go which is great being that he faces the Giants porous run defense.
- My BUST player for this game is Reuben Randle. As a possession receiver who doesn’t get much opportunity down field it is hard to be excited about him in your lineup.
RAVENS vs SAINTS
- If the Saints lose their 3rd home game in a row I believe their season is over. My BOOM player for this game is Drew Brees. Brees is the ultimate primetime football guy who loves the bright lights at home. Plus he is playing a middle of the pack pass defense.
- My BUST player for this game is Steve Smith. Smith has been very quiet over the last month as Torrey Smith has emerged back into the best option in the passing game. He will also be facing off against Keenan Lewis which should slow him down a bit. All this means is that he will probably go off as Monday night always gives everyone a little extra juice.